Hello and welcome.
Goode Wool Hunting was started in 2010 by Angela. The first meeting had two dedicated members, Caitlyn and Angela.

Now it is a thriving group of up to 12. We love to get together over a cup of tea or glass of wine and share ideas, teach each other new skills, knit crochet and just generally have a really good chat.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Some interesting Links, and my new pattern.

I just wanted to add a quick blog telling you about the great pattern I found for the Misti Alpaca yarn I bought on the weekend (a girl's weekend away wouldn't be quite right without a tiny bit of retail therapy).

I bought some Misti Alpaca Worsted Tonos in red. It's very nice - soft and great tonal colours.

The pattern is from a lovely website which I found when I was browsing one of the knitting magazines we had at the weekend. It's call Churchmouse Yarns and Teas.Have a look around this site, it is very inspiring.

The pattern I selected is the Inversion Cardigan. You can read a bit more detail about it on the designers blog, here. Isn't it fabulous?

I know all the knitting club ladies will think it ironic that I'm going to use a different yarn to the one recommended in the pattern, as I am always extolling the virtues of sticking to what the pattern suggests! But I just couldn't find a pattern that thrilled me in the same way as this one does.

As for some links:

Knitty, a great site full of information and free patterns to browse.
Ravelry, full to the brim of some great stuff for knitters and crocheters. I will email the log in to the knitting club members.
YarnMuse A great blog related to yarn and knitting and crochet.

That's all for now, folks, I know there are probably 1000's of great sites and blogs, for now that will do.

Happy knitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment